The content of these pages is developed and maintained by, and is the sole responsibility of, the individual senator's office and may not reflect the views of the Nebraska Legislature. Questions and comments about the content should be directed to the senator's office at email@example.com
Gage County was organized in 1856, but lacked a courthouse until about 1870. Twenty years later this grand Richardsonian Romanesque building replaced the first courthouse. Many Nebraska counties have similar stories. Although frontier courts often met in rented space and early courthouses were usually small and cheaply built, by the late 19th century a grand courthouse became a point of pride. Nebraskans were eager to show their progress. The Gage County Courthouse opened in 1892 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.