NEBRASKA LEGISLATURE
The official site of the Nebraska Unicameral Legislature

Sen. Tyson Larson

Sen. Tyson Larson

District 40

The content of these pages is developed and maintained by, and is the sole responsibility of, the individual senator's office and may not reflect the views of the Nebraska Legislature. Questions and comments about the content should be directed to the senator's office at tlarson@leg.ne.gov

January 18th, 2013 Legislative Update

Dear Residents of the 40th District,

As the first full week of session comes to a close, I wanted to give you an update on the progress the Legislature has made.  So far, there have been 401 new bills and seven constitutional amendment resolutions introduced since session began last Wednesday.  Governor Heineman submitted his budget proposal on Tuesday and my fellow Appropriations Committee members and I will be reviewing his spending requests over the next few weeks.  The Legislature heard the State of the State and the State of the Judiciary addresses and began setting schedules for committee hearings which start on January 22.

Overall, it has been a productive week for the Legislature and for my office as well.  As of today, I have introduced twelve bills and one constitutional amendment resolution, including LB204, which is a bill that creates stricter requirements for reporting cases of animal abuse.  Any observed incident of animal mistreatment, cruelty, or neglect would have to be reported within 24 hours of witnessing the abuse.  The bill creates penalties for individuals who try and gain employment at an animal facility with the intent to disrupt the operations of that facility.  The purpose of this bill is to prevent applicants from misrepresenting themselves to get jobs that would allow them to cause economic harm to an animal facility’s operations.

LB204 also encourages those who witness animal abuse to report it right away, so that the harm to animals and business operations is minimal and a proper investigation can be completed. I know that 99% of farmers in this state treat their animals well and with respect, and this bill’s intent is to prevent the other 1% from giving those farmers a bad name.

In addition to LB204, I have also introduced LB168, which allows limited liability companies the opportunity to create series limited liability companies within the overall structure of their company.   The series LLC model gives companies additional options to choose from when deciding how they want to structure their business.  Allowing the creation of series LLCs also incentivizes businesses who benefit from a series LLC model to organize in Nebraska and generate business and economic benefits within our State.

You can visit, call, or email my office at any time regarding bills I’ve introduced or bills other Senators have introduced that interest you.  I will be hosting a meet and greet on Saturday, February 2, at 2pm at the Bloomfield Community Center to listen and discuss any questions or concerns that you have or any input you wish to give regarding bills that have been introduced this session.  Additionally, my office is available to assist you with any questions, concerns, or ideas at (402) 471-2801 or at tlarson@leg.ne.gov.

Best Wishes,

Senator Tyson Larson

 

Sen. Tyson Larson

District 40
Room #1019
P.O. Box 94604
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: (402) 471-2801
Email: tlarson@leg.ne.gov
Search Senator Page For:
Topics
Archives
Committee Assignments
Search Current Bills
Search Laws
Live Video Streaming
Find Your Senator
>