The Natural Resources Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- ground and surface water
- water rights
- water wells
- flood control
- Department of Natural Resources
- Public Power
- public power districts
- Nebraska Power Review Board
- other utilities; electric co-ops
- oil and gas; pipelines; ethanol
- Natural Resources Districts; Natural Resources Commission
- hazardous waste; underground storage; oils and fuels; combustibles
- litter reduction; recycling; drink containers
- Department of Environmental Quality; Environmental Quality Council
- pollution; Environmental Protection Act; chemigation
- air pollution
- Nebraska Energy Office
- wind energy
- hunting; fishing; trapping; game farming
- Game and Parks Commission
- parks, recreation areas; recreation roads
- endangered species; wildlife damage
During session, the Natural Resources Committee meets on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Room 1525 on the 1st Floor of the west side of the Capitol.
The Chairman of the Committee is Senator Bostelman, LD 23.
The Vice Chairman of the Committee is Senator Moser, LD 22.
The Legal Counsel of the Committee is Cyndi Lamm.
The Committee Clerk for the Committee is Katie Bohlmeyer.