The Appropriations Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- appropriations bills
- support of state government
- capital construction
- senators’ salaries
- salaries of constitutional officers
- deficiency appropriations
- appropriations for special purposes or projects
- special fund creation
- exchanges between or disbursements from various funds
- state employee compensation
- state contributions to state employees’ group health insurance
- substantive program provisions within the jurisdictions of other committees that also contain provisions for major appropriations.
During session, the Appropriations Committee meets Monday through Friday.