Phone: (402) 471-2710
Address: Room 1004, State Capitol, Lincoln NE 68509
The Appropriations Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- appropriations bills
- support of state government
- capital construction
- senators’ salaries
- salaries of constitutional officers
- deficiency appropriations
- appropriations for special purposes or projects
- special fund creation
- exchanges between or disbursements from various funds
- state employee compensation
- state contributions to state employees’ group health insurance
- substantive program provisions within the jurisdictions of other committees that also contain provisions for major appropriations.
During session, the Appropriations Committee meets on Mondays and Tuesdays in Room 1524 on the 1st Floor of the Capitol and on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Room 1003 on the 1st Floor of the Capitol.