January 8th, 2014
Phone: (402) 471-2622
Address: Room 1103, State Capitol, Lincoln NE 68509
The Judiciary Committee is responsible for processing legislation involving the following subject areas:
- courts; judges; procedures; Rules of Evidence; judicial districts; jurisdiction; juvenile code
- criminal code; crimes and punishments; capital punishment
- guardianships and conservatorships
- community corrections
- law enforcement; State Patrol
- criminal procedure; crime victim’s reparations
- civil procedure; civil law
- probation; parole
- real property; conveyances; liens; condemnation; eminent domain; landlords and tenants
- marriage and divorce; child custody
- child support; parenting time
- liens; liability; tort claims; civil rights; arbitration; obscenity; abortion
- handgun permits; possession and use of guns
During session, the Judiciary Committee meets on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Room 1113 on the 1st Floor of the Capitol.
August 13th, 2013
The 2013 Sex Offender Recidivism Report has been released. It can be found on Sen. Ashford’s web page.
December 5th, 2012
October 1st, 2010
In April 2010, Nebraska Supreme Court Chief Justice Michael Heavican formed a 14-member Joint Review Committee on the Status of Adult Guardianships and Conservatorships in the Nebraska Court System comprised of judges, attorneys, legislators, court personnel, law enforcement and accountants responsible for examining Nebraska’s guardian and conservator system. This report serves as a beginning rather than an end of continuing efforts to evaluate the unique and complex issues inherent in taking responsibility of caring for vulnerable adults. The recommendations described herein represent considerations for the Judiciary, the Legislature and the practicing Bar.
This report can be accessed on the Supreme Court’s website via the following link: